Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
146 Doctors are Online

Penis bending when erect, may be Chordee. What is the procedure for operation and how many months does it take to recover?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1991
Answered : 1415 Questions
my penis gets bend when it is erected
one of the doctor said it may be chordee
plz tell me procedure for chordee operation and how many months it takes for total recovery
iam unmarried 30 years old can i marry with this problem
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 8 hours later

Chordee by definition means bend. Your photos suggest there is mild to moderate bend. It looks like that the urinary opening is at the tip. Normally when there is a bend, the opening is behind the penis. You are fortunate.

In your case, it needs treatment if the bend significantly interferes with your sexual intercourse. Otherwise it is best left alone. The function of the organ is to pass urine well and have satisfactory intercourse. If these two functions are ok, then there is nothing to worry.

If you are not able to penetrate into the female organ, then surgical treatment by means of straightening is advisable (chordee correction/orthoplasty). Medical treatment is not very beneficial.

You need to be examined first and an experienced urologist would be able to guide you once a full, thorough examination is done.

All the best.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor