Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

Penile rash, chlymidia, 1% hydrocortisone, contagious,spreading, itching. Treatment?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 520 Questions
penile rash..... please help
red rash on my penis head and shaft. stops at my circumsision scar line. been to 4 doctors, tested twice. had chlymidia once. std free now. rash does not respond to anti-fungals but at one time responded well to 1% hydrocortisone. was with my ex 6 years, had a healthy sex life for 3 then her vagina started to smell, taste bitter, cottage cheese discharge, sex became uncomfortable at times and her "vagina lips" would swell. i started to get a red rash. would be circles or blotchy, friction would encourage them to spread. never any smell, pain, pus or blood, never painful urination. they do form a small white flake scab that peels off easily. her vaginal fluids also leaked onto my scrotum and anal cavity now i have an itchy red bum crack and red spots on my scrotum. i kept using hyrdocortisone to take it away and it would always work. now she is my ex i havent had sex in 8 months and the rash wont go away. i have tried countless creams and pills. spent around 1000$ on prescrptions:( hydrocortisone doesnt work anymore, any friction makes the rash worse. i wear loose boxers and sweatpants daily now,
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 3 hours later

thanks for writing in and a detailed description of your problem. I appreciate that.

This doesnt seem to be an STD.

The possibilities that I have in mind are- Non-specific balanoposthitis, Zoon,s balanitis and Lichen simplex chronicus.

All of them are chronic skin problems.

In the past 8 months has there been a time when the rash has subsided completely?
Do you use lubricants or antiseptic over the area?

Please answer these questions to give me a better understanding of your problem.

Also if possible, please attach a pic of your rash using the "upload your reports" feature on the query page. It will be a huge help for me.

Awaiting your response.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor