Penile implant has failed. How can it be repaired?

Dr. Rajiv goel

Urologist

Posted on Mon, 11 Feb 2013 in Men's Health
Question: my lgx 700 penile implant failed on 1-6-13 i can no longer pump the bulb it pumps once and remains flat. I have surgery scheduled for 2-11-13 @ Roswell in Buffalo,NY. It has been said that more than likely a line has disconnected and it willbe a relatively easy surgery (fix) and i hope a minimal recovery. I've had my implant since 3-29-10 is it common for this kind of failure? does it sound like a simple fix. I hope to hell the lines in my penis havn't failed what is your opinion. XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 8 hours later
Dear XXXXXXX

It is unfortunate to hear that your penile implant has failed. It is very difficulty to pinpoint the exact cause of the failure. Hopefully, it is because of some line disconnection.

Such implant failures are very rare. Implants failure are usually mechanical and can be repaired. It has nothing to do with penile failure.

Sincerely

Rajiv Goel