Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
133 Doctors are Online

Penile fracture, erection problems, on Vitamin E pills, penegra medication. Permanent erectile dysfunction ?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 577 Questions
Hello doctor,

In brief, During an intercourse 2 yrs back i had severe pain, like penile fracture (as i researched). I had erection problems for a month but in few months it was back to normal. Suddenly, one day during sex i failed to achieve erection and ever since im having problems maintaining erection.

I consulted a sexologist, who prescribed me some vit E pills and anti-anxiety ones along with Penegra tablets for sexual activity. I have been using Penegra for sex but im not happy with ED problem.

I do surf net for porn, very regularly and for years, like 8 years. I can achieve erection whilst watching porn but its very short lived.

My question is: IS this Permanent ED? Please help me, im 27 and have lost all my confidence. I cant rely on pills, feel less of a man. Please guide me.

Thank you.
Posted Fri, 27 Apr 2012 in Men Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 2 hours later

Thank you for posting your query.

I understand your concern.

You seem to have developed Penile fracture and post penile fracture, the penile erection usually acheived is not of the same rigidity and also of the same duration, as compared to earlier to the fracture.

There would definitely be some amount of residual impact on your sexual function. Please do not be disheartened. You should be doing well soon.

However, you should be thankful that you are doing well with Penegra. You need to continue on Penegra for good erections. If you are a smoker, you should surely quit smoking because smoking also impairs erection.

Hope my suggestions are helpful to you.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Penile fracture, erection problems, on Vitamin E pills, penegra medication. Permanent erectile dysfunction ? 29 hours later
Hello Doctor,

Well, isn't there any permanent solution to my problem? Like surgery which could get me back to normal life?
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 6 minutes later
Thanks for the follow up.

You can have artifical penile prosthesis implanted into your penis but it is indicated only for patients who fail drug therapy.

Wishing you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor