Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Pelvic phleboliths. Apart from pain relievers, what other pain management measures should I take to get relief?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
Practicing since : 1989
Answered : 883 Questions
hi! i have been diagnosed to have pelvic phleboliths. sometimes i get bothered by the pain in causes and i wouldn't want pain relievers all the time. what management can i do to get rid of the pain when it attacks me, thanks!
Posted Sat, 26 May 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ketan Vagholkar 5 hours later

Thanks for the query.

Phleboliths are hardened clots in the vessels usually the veins. They hardly cause any symptoms. They are at times radioopaque rendering them visible on plain X-ray. They closely mimic ureteric calculus in their appearance but devoid of symptoms of a ureteric calculus.

As you seem to be suffering with persistent pain, you need to verify and confirm whether it is a stone which is causing symptoms. If it is a ureteric stone then intervention may be required.

Discuss with your treating physician who after careful evaluation can determine the true cause of treatment. We can plan a treatment according to the cause.

Hope this information was both useful and helpful. Let me know if you have any more concerns.

Best Regards

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Pelvic phleboliths. Apart from pain relievers, what other pain management measures should I take to get relief? 37 hours later
Hi Dr. Ketan! I underwent CT stonogram already and results show I don't have any problems with my urinary tract. I just need home management for pain as I don't want to take pain relievers often. My OB-GYNE and urologist asked me to see a physiatric doctor for pain management but I just don't have time to do so at the moment. thanks!
Answered by Dr. Ketan Vagholkar 2 hours later
Thank you for writing back. If the CT scan of the kidney ureter bladder region is normal, you don't have to worry at all.
For pain management, you have several options that you can exercise:
1. Naturopathy. You can explore options in several other fields like ayurveda.
2. Yoga, pranayama, XXXXXXX XXXXXXX & meditation. This has been shown to provide excellent pain relief.
3. Regular moderate exercise ( walking)
4. Homeopathy
Either of these options will provide you excellent relief.
With regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor