Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

Pea size structure on epididymis, cyst, spermatocele. Is this dangerous?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1991
Answered : 1414 Questions
I found a pea sized structure on top my right epididymis. I read that it is normally a cyst that does not require treatment. The structure is not on the testis and it is completely painless. At the same time I noticed differences in the structures, for example I can touch really easily my right epididymis but not my left. It is just very uncomfortable to have it (i.e. the thought of having it). Should I worry about it? or is probably just a benign cyst or a spermatocele. I have a history of hitting my testicles (specially on top) very often. No additional symptoms are found. The way I found out, was when I was masturbating and my penis hit my right testicle by accident, then it hurt a little and I wanted to check. When I checked I found that my penis hit this structure. however when I touch it, there is no pain. It also tend to change in size specially when I take a warm bath or after masturbation. I am also a huge hypochondriac.
Posted Sun, 24 Jun 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 8 hours later
Hi, i understand. You are right. You have one of them. If worried, u may consult and an ultrasound scan will help. It needs surgical removal only if it becomes big, otherwise left alone. Hope this helps. Kindly get back for doubts, if any. Dr GSRINIVASAN.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor