Patches of dry and itchy skin on back and inside of thighs. What to do?
Thanks for your query.
The lesions based on your description appear to be due to fungal infection.Most probable consideration would be Tinea.
Need not worry they are not serious.Do take Tab Benadryl once in the night after food for three days.This reduces itching.Scratching will lead to spread of infection from one area to another.
Apply antifungal ointment like MICANAZOLE twice a day over the affected area.This will reduce the infection and prevent the spread.Apply the ointment for a week.
Hope I answered your query.
Wish you speedy recovery.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Dry itchy skin patches on thighs
- Darker itchy skin patch on upper thigh
- Dark itchy skin patch between thigh
- Dry itchy skin in groin and thighs
- Patches of dry flaky itchy skin on thigh
- Round patch of itchy skin on inner thigh
- Dry flaky itchy skin on the back of the neck
- What is the treatment for dry itchy skin
- Swollen itchy skin on inside of thighs
- Itchy skin inside top thigh
- White hair on infant's head. What is the cause for this?
- Burning pain in stump after left leg amputation, sciatic nerve surgery....
- Masturbation addiction, semen leakage, genitourinary infection
- Pain the the chest bone. Stopped Mercillon pills after long term use....
- Fever, nausea, stomach pain and diarrhea. Took paracetamol. History of...
- MRI showing diffuse bulge of the discs, excessive fat deposition ,...
- Child having worm shaped growth spreading in the legs. Started as a...
- Hyper-extended wrist, bruised and swollen. Been wearing splint on thumb...
- Constant tiredness, instantaneous drain effect, stomach pain, SGOT, SGPT
- Pinching feeling in chest, erratic heartbeat. Why?