question-icon

Patches of dry and itchy skin on back and inside of thighs. What to do?

Posted on Thu, 13 Sep 2012
Question: Hello. I have numerous patches of dry itchy skin on the backs and insides of my thighs and I don't know why or what to do to make them go away.
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T (1 hour later)

The lesions based on your description appear to be due to fungal infection.Most probable consideration would be Tinea.

Need not worry they are not serious.Do take Tab Benadryl once in the night after food for three days.This reduces itching.Scratching will lead to spread of infection from one area to another.

Apply antifungal ointment like MICANAZOLE twice a day over the affected area.This will reduce the infection and prevent the spread.Apply the ointment for a week.

Hope I answered your query.

Wish you speedy recovery.

Dr. Raju A.T