Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Passing blood in urine. Should I consult an urologist?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 5767 Questions
I am passing blood in my urine, rosy color. Plan is to see urologist in am. Should I panic and go to emergency now?
Posted Wed, 10 Apr 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 8 minutes later

Thank you for the query.

Blood in urine if not caused by a trauma is usually not an urgent condition. So urologist visit instead of ER sound reasonable.
However if this blood is present in the urine for days, or it will start bleeding more ample (so there will be plenty of fresh blood in the urine) you should not wait anymore. Also if the fever will appear, back pain, lower abdominal pain, shivers, it should force you to visit your doctor right away.
Otherwise you can wait.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor