Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
129 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Passed kidney stones. Experiencing pain in penis and bladder. Any advice?

Answered by
Dr. CS Narayan

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :2004

Answered : 545 Questions

Posted on Wed, 6 Mar 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: I had passed two kidney stones about three weeks ago. the size of the stone was appox 4-5 mm . Even after three weeks i am experiencing pain in the side of my penis. The pain is more in the day but i dont get any pain in the night. I also have some pain at some points in my bladder. I dont feel any burning sensation while urinating but i feel burning sensation in the penis after passing urine. Please advice
Answered by Dr. CS Narayan 1 hour later
Hello XXXXXXX and thanks for your query.

I shall make an effort to provide you with good professional recommendations specific to your questions.

By the look of your written complaints, I have 2 propositions for you.

One, the presence of more stones in the urinary tract not necessarily in the kidney but also in the tracts or in bladder - which can only be confirmed by ultrasound test. If so, then you might need therapy for that depending on size and number of stones found as also your medical status by the Nephrologist/Urologist.

Two, keeping in view your medical history of stones in the urinary tract - you are definitely more prone for urinary tract infections - which have grades of clinical severity. Pain intermittently even without the presence of fever or other symptoms point in this direction. In this case, you may need a course of sensitive antibiotics on prescription based on culture tests and other reports.

Meanwhile, drinking soft water in moderate quantities certainly helps, and taking care of diet that would not contain much calcium content. Again, a wholesome advice from a dietitian will do best after the medical issues resolve.

Let me know if I have missed out any other concern in your question.

Yet again, I duly appreciate your query to me, I do hope that you have found something useful to help you and I shall be glad to answer any further apprehensions.


Dr Sujeet N Charugulla,
Consultant Physician.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,   ,   ,  
Medical Topics

Recent questions on  Urinary tract infection

doctor1 MD

I have had unprotected sex with my girlfriend during her cycle of ovulation, and upon ejaculating I felt a jolt of pain in my urethra. It has been...

doctor1 MD

Hi. Am a renal transplant patient with addison s disease, angina and on steroids for 30 years. Have had an ongoing UTI infections which ecoli but a...

doctor1 MD

hi, Im 26 year old male. I have had sore testicles and a bloated lower abdomen for 8weeks now. I have been tested for hernias and urinary...

doctor1 MD

I have a GFR OF 49, I have a history of high blood pressure, and chronic urinary track infection,swollen and painfull legs below tne knees, was...

doctor1 MD

I'm having slight bleeding when I urinate and also light vaginal bleeding . I am also having slight abdominal pain . I had cervical cancer and had...

doctor1 MD

I had sex last night. Can feel a urinary tract infection coming on. I have alprim antibiotics , if I take them today will This affect my pill

doctor1 MD

I’m a male 76 years of age and have had some pain in the pubic area when I urinate - I have had to yhrinate very frequently as well for the past...