Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

Pap smear normal, bad odor post sex, chronic issue, bleeding post sex. Treatment ?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1995
Answered : 4036 Questions
36 years old, 106 lbs, 5'1. Recently had a pap smear came back normal. For the last few months have been battling bad odor after sex. I have been with my partner for over a decade and until recently I have been having this issue. I do not have any other symptoms but the fouls smell. Please help!
THere also have been a couple times that I have finished my period and it has been a couple days, we have intercourse and I start bleeding again. LIke I mentioned it only has happened a couple of times. Does this have anything to do with what is going on?
Posted Sat, 5 May 2012 in Women Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 22 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query.

Foul smell after sex and occasional bleeding after sex needs some investigation and examination.

There could be some possible reasons for this like:

1.Local infection in vagina
2.Ulcer in the local part
3.Urine infection
4.Poor local hygiene

It is good that you had done pap smear and it is normal.Please visit a gynecologist and get your self examined.

Local examination will clear most of the things.You may need some investigation like urine examination,blood sugar,blood counts as per advise from your doctor.

Please also look for any discharge that you have.

Please maintain good local hygiene,both partners need to look for this.Also look for some local issue on your partner side also.

Take bath twice in a day,avoid tight fitting clothes,wear more of cotton clothes.This will help in avoiding too much perspiration in that area and keep good local hygiene.

I hope this answers your query,I will be available for follow up.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor