Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Pale white or colorless liquid secreted with urine, remains while cleaning penis. Normal or infection symptoms ?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 1528 Questions
Sometimes the morning before I go to piss I have a drop of either colorless or pale white (othertimes) small drop. During the day after piss I have liguid remains afterwards even if I clean my penis. Is it natural or it is some kind of gonorhea or chlamydia. I don't feel pain or anything else. If it is something like that is any natural antibiotic to combat it with my fiance.

Many many thanks in advance

Posted Thu, 12 Apr 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Hema Yadav 46 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query.

There is a small amount of colourless slightly sticky lubricating fluid which is normally secreted through urethra during sexual stimulation or may be emitted at other times too. This fluid is usually seen after puberty in boys. It is not semen, nor urine but a normal lubricating mucus.

However if you mean to say that apart from this, you are getting some other discharge starting recently then it warrants an evaluation by your doctor to rule out infection.

First of all if this liquid discharge has recently started, is related to urination rather than sexual excitement, and is sometimes pale white then it points more towards infection, bacterial, chlamydia, fungal or any sexually transmitted infection.

Your next query regarding treatment :

The treatment for sexually transmitted infections is always to be taken by both the partners preferably at the same time period.

The treatment may be antibiotics like azithromycin, ciprofloxacin, doxycycline, metronidazole or anti fungal like fluconazole or a combination therapy.

Any doctor wil not advise you a particular antibiotic without reaching to an appropriate diagnosis after thorough examination and investigation, if needed, like urine routine and culture test, renal profile tests etc. The doctor wil thus first try to determine the type of infection and proceed with the appropriate treatment.

Please do not try to self medicate as there are chances of persistence of infection or spread to the other parts of genitourinary tract if exact diagnosis and treatment are not done.
This is specially important for the female partner who may harbour infection sometimes without obvious symptoms and might pose a risk to her future fertility.

So, your problem as of now doesn't seem worrisome but as already mentioned above it warrants a visit to your doctor (physician) to rule out infection.

In the meantime try to drink plenty of water, maintain good genital hygiene and if you develop
any new symptoms like itching, burning or pain or bleeding during urination then seek immediate

As of now if the problem has persisted for more than a week then it won't resolve on its own or by any natural remedies, so get treated.

Hope I have answered your query.

I'll be available for any follow up queries.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Sexual Diseases

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor