Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Painless lump in the scrotum. What could it be?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1773 Questions
lump in right side of scrotum from 2 years,painless.What could it be?
Posted Thu, 3 May 2012 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 1 hour later

Thanks for the query.

Any painless lump in the scrotum needs thorough evaluation by a surgeon including an Ultrasound scan of the scrotum.

It can range from commonly occuring hydrocoele, hernia to rare tumors. We need to check if it is from the scrotal skin and / or away from the testis.

Any lump from any cause is completely treatable with early evaluation. So be assured and see a surgeon.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a General Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor