Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
133 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Painful urination and noticed bleeding after peeing. Should I visit ER?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1991
Answered : 1414 Questions
Bleeding after peeing, painful urination. Do I go to hospital? It wasn't in the actual per, but is now bleeding when wiped
Posted Sun, 24 Feb 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 52 minutes later
Welcome to HM.
It could be either UTI- urinary tract infection or local problem at the foreskin level.
You need clinical examination plus urine analysis and scan of the bladder to look for the cause of painful urination like infection or stones. So you have to go to the hospital.
Th treatment depends on the cause.
Till u XXXXXXX the doc, plenty of oral fluids, cranberry juice and good hygiene should help.
Hope this answers your query.
Kindly write back for doubts if any--
Best regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor