Painful swollen knee with pain radiating down the leg..leg spasms
It may be due to acute exacerbation of osteoarthritis.
I can understand your concern. As per your history, I think it may be due acute exacerbation of osteoarthritis.
Please let me know whether do you breathlessness, chest pain, dizziness, sweating, sudden awakening during night? In that case kindly consult with cardiologist for further evaluation by detailed investigations like electrocardiogram, 2 D Echo.
Do you have any history of trauma or injury to ankle or sprain? Otherwise for pain due to osteoarthritis, you can take tablet paracetamol 650 mg or tab. Naprosyn after orthopedician consultation.
Apply diclofenac gel locally and icing the area. Avoid squatting position. Use knee and ankle cap. Do leg elevation while sleeping. Go for short walk and do relaxing exercises regularly.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further. Thank you.
Dr Shyam Kale
Family and general physician.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes pain and alterations in the shape of the testicle?
- What causes numbness and pain in the arms and lower right back along...
- What can cause dry patches on the penis?
- What causes fever and cough along with green mucus in the throat despite...
- Can Oxybutynin be taken for bladder spasms after recovering from UTI?
- Should I be concerned about cysts at the arches of the feet?
- Is Fertyl M tablet suitable for men or women?
- What energy supplements are safe to consume with milk by an elderly person?
- What causes swelling in the cheek while on Azithromycin for sinusitis...
- What can cause severe leg cramps and cold sweats?