Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Painful lump, bloody discharge from groin area next to scrotum. Emergency?

Jul 2016
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1971
Answered : 9584 Questions
Painful lump with bloody discharge in groin area next to scrotum for 4 days. Do I need urgent attention for this?
Posted Mon, 10 Jun 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have developed Staphylococcal infection of a hair follicle ( Boil) in groin.

However this can be confirmed only on clinical examination by a qualified General Surgeon.
Please consult qualified surgeon for clinical evaluation .

He may advise you to take antibiotics along with anti inflammatory medicines like Diclofenac twice daily for a week.

If it does not subside after taking these may need to be incised and drained.

Hope I have answered your query.
Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions I shall be happy to help you.
Thanks with Regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor