Painful hemorrhoids. Hurts while sitting or walking. Surgery needed?

Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja

Gastroenterologist, Surgical

Posted on Wed, 26 Dec 2012 in Chron's Disease
Question: Hello Doc, I am 17 years old and I have hemorrhoids when I go to bath I have the problem that it hurts so much to me than I can't sit nowhere and walk too hard, but tomorrow have the walk problem, can u treat my hemorrhoids doc please ? or to tell me what to do but just not the Surgery ?
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 7 hours later
Hi

Thanks for writing in

Your information is suggestive of a fissure rather than piles

Yet it would be difficult to justify without examining you

Considering it a fissure I would advise you to take plenty of fluids orally and add fiber to your diet

If constipated control constipation

Take sitz bath twice a day and any antiinflammatory twice a day

Hope this helps
Do write back in case of doubts
Get well soon