Painful, burning sensation in toes, itchy, swollen. Cannot fully bend toes. No flaky skin or red bumps.
Thanks for your query.
I appreciate your efforts for medical consultation in so much distress.
Important aspects of your query are:
• 33 year old female
• Known case of IBS
• Complaints of: Painful burning sensation, extreme itching, swollen foot pad and
slight swelling on 2 toes (2nd and 3rd) of right foot
All your symptoms indicate towards the presence of infection. Sometime infective organism travel through minor cut in foot and form pus there but because of presence of thick skin there it did not burst outside and keep on growing inside. In later cases it can involve bone and become difficult to treat.
Because of inflammation it gives rise to pain, burning and swelling. If infection is severe then it causes fever too. Redness appear late in foot infection because of thick skin.
Following measures will help:
• Hot fomentation: to reduce inflammation and pain
• Analgesic like PARACETAMOL for pain relief
• Rest to decrease spread of infection and pain relief
• Physician consultation for local examination, investigation (like X XXXXXXX to know extent of infection and bone involvement) and antibiotic treatment
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow ups.
Wish you good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Epileptic, neurosurgery to remove AVM, fluttering in the chest, anxiety,...
- Depression,sleep apnea,low testosterone,lethargy,irritable
- How is anxiety disorder treated ?
- What is the treatment for balanced thyroid hormones ?
- Depression, on zoloft, hallucinations
- Low sex life, rapid heart beat, breathlessness, back pain, knee pain,...
- Smoker, pins and needles over back and arms, high BP, low B12 reading,...
- Citalopram 20 mg, weight gain. Meratol a safe option ?
- Small penis. How can I develop it?
- Am I mentally ill if I experience depersonalization?