Painful bump on buttocks, itches. Appears and clears. Whats this?
Thanks for writing in.
This problem of having recurrent painful lumps on the buttocks is very troublesome but can be easily avoided.
This is called a boil in lay man term but in medical terminology it's Folliculitis when small and Furuncle when a bit large with pus in it. So you are having folliculitis probably. The infection goes in the dermis by the side of hair shaft in your case.
This is commonly seen in overweight people who are diabetic with poor control of sugar levels and those who are not able to keep their skin clean and dry.
I would suggest the following:
a. Use cotton undergarments
b. Use a medicated powder to keep the skin dry and free of sweat
c. Avoid oil massage or ointments over there.
d. After a bath, dry yourself properly taking plenty of time.
Removing these factors should stop the problem from recurring.
Wish you good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Painful bump appeared close to testicle what is causing this
- Bumps that itch and appear and disappear overnight
- Skin itch then bump appears
- Keep itching and little bumps appear
- What is the painful sore itchy bump on my buttocks
- Random appearing itching bumps
- What is the reason for painful bump near buttocks
- Bumps on inside of buttocks no pain what is it
- What does a painful bump in buttock crack indicate
- Painful bump on buttocks itches appears and clears whats this
- Frequent leg and back pain in different parts of body with swelling....
- Tested positive for HSV-2. Trying for weight gain. Will ensure plus have...
- Do you think taking poly iron will help heart racing? Is oxygen...
- Tiny itchy bumps that blanch when pressed randomly appeared on arms,...
- Abdominal pain which moves to testicle. CT, Urine test and USG scan said...
- Having severe back pain while sleeping. History of bladder and kidney...
- Bruise on back that pained. Pleurisy? Why did my nasal cavity start to...
- Jaw pain, bruises, lump under left jaw, stuffiness, facial pressure....
- Giraffe skin pattern by drying. Applying creams and exfoliation. What...
- Painful bump on buttocks, itches. Appears and clears. Whats this?