Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
188 Doctors are Online

Painful bump inside buttocks crack, feels sore. What do I take to relieve it?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2000
Answered : 1417 Questions
i have a painful lump/bump inside my butt crack, to the right butt cheek - feels sore - what do i take to relieve it? have bouts of dermatitis on back of upper thighs going towards that area too - and noticed these rashes start after sitting for periods of time on my faux leather chairs and bean bag. can you help me find something to releive these symptoms.
Posted Wed, 19 Sep 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 2 hours later

Your symptoms suggest you have a gluteal abscess. Usually causative factor is bacterial infection.

Treatment with antibiotics for infection and painkiller to relive pain would be helpful. It is always suggestible get such abscess drained completely or else the nidus infection remains within the undrained portion and it can lead to recurrence. If it persists after these medication also you should consider surgical drainage with consultation of your doctor.

For thigh dermatitis treament would include corticosteroid creams to decrease the inflammatory reaction in the skin.

Hope this answers your question.Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor