Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Painful blood filled blisters appeared all over scalp. Any cure?

User rating for this question
Answered by

Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 304 Questions
I have an issue of small blisters all over my scalp since last 6-7 years .. they are very painful, and mostly of them also have blood and pus in them ..
Posted Fri, 4 Jan 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 4 hours later
Thanks for your query .
Folliculitis of scalp is a very common problem but when it gets widespread it really makes it difficult to carry on with daily activities.
The follicles on scalp are numerous and even if one of them gets infected, The chances of surrounding follicles getting infected are high.
An oral antibiotic course followed by a long course of antibiotic like doxycycline is enough in most cases. In cases where relapses occur very often, Isotretinoin can be tried out but only after a physicians prescription. Since there is complete treatment I would suggest you visit a qualified dermatologist for an examination and a proper treatment.

Also oiling of scalp or massage can increase such lesions and hence should be avoided.


Dr.Rohit Batra
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Painful blood filled blisters appeared all over scalp. Any cure? 13 hours later
Thank You Dr. Batra .. the info is really helpful ..

These blisters grow with heat and stay dry the day I shampoo .. do you suggest me to go for a clinical test/examination .. if yes, can you please suggest some doctor near XXXXXXX Vihar ..
Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 5 hours later

Thanks for your follow up.

It just seems that you are suffering from excessive sebum secretion and hence the day you clean with shampoo, you feel great.

You can visit a dermatologist nearby or to consult me you can call at 011-0000. My clinic is in Rajouri garden.

Hope this helps. I will be available for further assistance if needed.
If you have no more queries, please close this discussion.

Dr.Rohit Batra
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor