Owl Image

Painful blood filled blisters appeared all over scalp. Any cure?

Excellent

Dermatologist
Question
I have an issue of small blisters all over my scalp since last 6-7 years .. they are very painful, and mostly of them also have blood and pus in them ..
Fri, 4 Jan 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 4 hours later
Dear XXXXXXX ,
Thanks for your query .
Folliculitis of scalp is a very common problem but when it gets widespread it really makes it difficult to carry on with daily activities.
The follicles on scalp are numerous and even if one of them gets infected, The chances of surrounding follicles getting infected are high.
An oral antibiotic course followed by a long course of antibiotic like doxycycline is enough in most cases. In cases where relapses occur very often, Isotretinoin can be tried out but only after a physicians prescription. Since there is complete treatment I would suggest you visit a qualified dermatologist for an examination and a proper treatment.

Also oiling of scalp or massage can increase such lesions and hence should be avoided.

Dr.Rohit Batra

Follow-up: Painful blood filled blisters appeared all over scalp. Any cure? 13 hours later
Thank You Dr. Batra .. the info is really helpful ..

These blisters grow with heat and stay dry the day I shampoo .. do you suggest me to go for a clinical test/examination .. if yes, can you please suggest some doctor near XXXXXXX Vihar ..

Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 5 hours later
Dear,

Thanks for your follow up.

It just seems that you are suffering from excessive sebum secretion and hence the day you clean with shampoo, you feel great.

You can visit a dermatologist nearby or to consult me you can call at 011-0000. My clinic is in Rajouri garden.

Hope this helps. I will be available for further assistance if needed.
If you have no more queries, please close this discussion.

Dr.Rohit Batra