Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Pain while urination. Infection detected. No stones in CT scan. Cure?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1991
Answered : 1415 Questions
Dear Doctor,

This is Srinivasan R
I feel some pain when going to first call of nature. i have also checked for the stone problem by using CT scan and confirmed that i don't have any stone problem.

doctor informed that this may be due to some infection. kindly suggest
Posted Sat, 28 Apr 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 4 hours later
Hello Mr. Srinivasan,

Thank you for posting your query.

I understand your concern.

Pain while passing urine might be due to a few reasons, namely urinary infection, small urethral opening or stones in the urine.

To be able to advise you better I need to know if the pain is in the lower part of your tummy or urine passage. Both can be because of urinary infection as stone is ruled out.

I would also like to know if you have increase in urinary frequency, urgency and leak if u postpone urination.

You need to check urine for infection and the test name is urine routine and microscopic examination along with culture and sensitivity of the urine. Once u have the result, your physician will guide you with the treatment.

Hope I have answered your query. I'll be available for follow-up.

Wishing you speedy recovery.


Dr. Srinivasan.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Pain while urination. Infection detected. No stones in CT scan. Cure? 14 hours later
Dear doctor,

Thanks for your reply and i wish to inform that i have increase in urinary frequency, urgency, but i dont have leak if i postpone urination.

The pain is in urine passage ( ie in pennis tube) that too while going to urine.

kindly suggest whether i have to go for urine routine and microscopic examination.

Srinivasan R

Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 8 hours later
Dear Srinivasan,

Thanks again.

I recommend you to get urine routine and culture test done.

If this is positive you need to be treated with appropriate antibiotics for eradication of the infection.

If negative, it could be because of sensitive bladder (a condition and not a disease called OVERACTIVE BLADDER). This is also a curable condition. Your urologist would be able to guide you in this regard.

I encourage you to consult the specialist at the earliest.

Hope I have answered all your queries. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Get well soon.

Dr. G. Srinivasan

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor