Pain upon touching behind earlobe, oozing pus, bruising lumps, headaches. What could it be?
Thanks for posting your query.
You are most probably suffering from mastoiditis or a mastoid abscess.
The bone behind the ear is called the mastoid bone and internally it's related with the middle & inner ear and any ear infection can easily spread to it causing it to get inflamed , cause pain and swelling.
If neglected and untreated it may turn to a mastoid abscess which can cause even more pain, pus discharge , affect hearing and at worst spread to the cranium or inner ear or other inner neighbouring structures causing significant damage .
The headache is most probably due to the same .
You may also experience fever, dizziness if it further progresses to the inner ear.
It's best to get it immediately treated by an ENT surgeon who after thorough assessment can start appropriate antibiotics with or without drainage of abscess as per the need.
Though you have an appointment with your doctor ( i assume a physician or GP ) after 2 days , if feasible and convenient it would be advisable to show a Earnosethroat( ENT) specialist (surgeon) in a urgent care facility right away.
I understand that you are not experiencing unbearable symptoms but nevertheless the earlier it's treated the better is the prognosis .
It's not advisable to self medicate or start any drugs without a physical examination by the doctor in such a case.
However simple antiinflammatory analgesics like acetaminophen may help you to decrease the pain temporarily .
Hope I have answered your query.
Kindly accept my answer in case you have no further queries.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Bruises behind the earlobe
- What is the remedy for swollen and painful earlobe
- Pus filled lump on earlobe
- Bumps inside earlobe painful to touch
- Lump behind earlobe baby
- Lump behind earlobe squeeze
- Dry scaly earlobe and headaches
- Hard painful lump in earlobe
- What wouldcause an earlobe to bruise
- Headaches and lump in earlobe
- Nausea, dizziness, palpitations, ECG done, right axis deviation...
- High SGPT and SGOT levels. Is it dangerous?
- Sneezing, sore throat and pain, no cold. Reason for pain?
- Pain in shoulder and arm, breathing trouble, taken Aleve. Chances of any...
- Severe pain under ribs, on left side, pain on touching, chronic...
- Raised white spot with dark red perimeter, on floor of mouth, left of...
- Have itchy sore throat,hot face and ears,hypertension,stress and...
- Ache on left shoulder blade,shortness of breath,tiredness,has GERD,take...
- Chest sore after falling,no broken ribs. Treatment?
- Have abdominal pain, mucus in stool, painful urination, eczema...