Pain on right side at base of ribcage; pain low
I would recommend as follows:
Welcome and thank you for being on 'Ask A Doctor' service!
I understand your concern and would explain that your symptoms are not typical of a cardiac disorder.
A musculoskeletal pain seems to be the cause, as your symptoms are triggered by deep breathing.
For this reason, I'd recommend taking Acetaminophen 500mg and Omeprazole 40mg.
If your situation does not improve in the next 30 minutes, I would recommend going to the ER for a physical exam, a resting ECG and cardiac enzymes to be done to exclude any cardiac disorders.
Hope you will find this answer helpful!
Let me know about everything in case of any further questions!
Dr.Ilir Sharka, Cardiologist
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What do the following stress tests, echo and holter monitor test result...
- Suggest alternative treatment for congestive heart failure
- Suggest treatment for hypertension and GERD
- Suggest treatment for high BP and tingling in arms
- What causes sharp pain in chest area relieved by burping?
- Suggest treatment for afib, severe sleep apnea and high heart rate?
- What causes shortness of breath with normal chest X-ray?
- What causes severe pain in my calf muscle in Tietze syndrome?
- What causes altered sense of smell when diagnosed with sinus tachycardia?
- Does page syndrome increase the risk of heart attack?