Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
163 Doctors are Online

Pain on arms and legs. Done RA factor, CRP and serum creatinine tests. Prescribed oretaxim, acdigesicp and protein powder. Anything serious like cancer?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 1994
Answered : 10458 Questions
Hello Doctor,
I am 26 years old male. For the last 4 weeks I have very short pain on random points of my arms and legs. Before 2 weeks I had such pain very few times in a day on my right leg but in the last weeks I also experience it in all my leg until kness and in my arms, fingers. I experience this pain at an interval 20 or 30 minutes at random points. Sometimes at an interval of 1 or 2 hour. To be precise I have pain on bones I guess but I am not sure. The pain lasts for few seconds(2 - 10 seconds). I visited a general physician and he ordered for few tests (RA Factor, CRP & Serum Creatinine). All the test results were very normal. He said no need to worry and prescribed 1. ORETAXIM 2. ACDIGESICP 3. PROTIEN POWDER. I haven't started these medicines yet.

I personally feel something is wrong because I never experienced such type of pain in my life. Is this anything serious like bone marrow or bone cancer? I am really afraid. What should I do now? Should I consult an Oncologist? Please advise. Thanks.
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 19 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query.

The generalized pain and aches in the body as described by you is not linked to any serious medical illness. It is mostly due to a muscle or bone related pain. The common cause at your age is calcium and Vitamin D3 deficiency. There may be an associated generalised viral infection like influenza which would recover spontaneously.

So do not worry. It does not look like related to any dreadful problems like bone or bone marrow cancer.

For temporary relief, taking the medicines prescribed by your physician will be helpful. Calcium and Vitamin D3 supplements are also recommended to combat any calcium deficiency.

If the pain is persistent then you need to get a proper evaluation done to rule out other causes like rheumatoid arthritis, gout, inflammatory diseases like Systemic lupus Erythematosis (SLE), bursitis, fibromyalgia, etc under the guidance of a rheumatologist. He may advise the further necessary tests like serum calcium levels, X-ray of the affected joints, etc.

I hope this answers your query. In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.

Wish you good health.

Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor