Pain on anterior side of calf muscles, looks like a lipoma below the knee. What could be this ?
Thanks for posting your query.
From the symptoms described it seems that you are suffering from XXXXXXX splints.
It happens due to overuse injury or inflammation of the tendons around the knee joint.
You can help yourself by-
1. Avoid long distance walking till the pain has absolutely subsided.
2. Use mild analgesics like ibuprofen to control the acute symptoms.
3. Workouts such as stationary bicycling or pool running will help you in maitaining an active lifestyle instead of walking.
4. Applying ice pack on the area will reduce the inflammation.
5. A 4-inch wide Ace bandage wrapped around the region also helps reduce discomfort.
6. Stretching and strengthening exercises done twice a day under the guidance of physiotherapist will be helpful.
The indentation in the calf muscle could be a developmental malformation or a lipoma. An examination is needed for differentiating the two.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Thanks for writing again.
A lipoma is a collection of fat cells. A developmental malformation refers to a fibrous band or fascia which is causing the indentation.
Muscle atrophy is ruled out if the feel of muscles and the muscle strength on both sides is same.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Swollen legs, dark patches. Have stasis dermatitis and OCD. Will I be...
- Difficulty maintaining erection, discomfort in right testicle. Should I...
- Would anesthesia used to make a patient unconscious cause hand tremor?
- Black or brown freckles on penis, flat, no discomfort. Is this normal?
- What could red spots on hairline mean?
- Testicle swollen huge and hurts to touch. Why?
- Sudden awakening from sleep, heart racing, high blood pressure, ringing...
- What kind of cancer is it when colonoscopy shows a malignant mass in...
- Itching vagina, discharge and bleeding during sex. Maybe bacterial...
- Have hypoglycemia. Want to try HCG diet. Is it safe?