question-icon

Pain inside anus during bowel movement. Is Xyloproct or preparation H suppositories good for my problem?

Posted on Tue, 11 Sep 2012
Question: having pain inside of my anus or rectum when moving my bowels, is xyloproct plus or preparation H supposotires good for my problem_
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko (31 minutes later)
Hello!
There are several diseases that can cause anus pain such as hemorrhoids (when inflammation or thrombosis occurs), anus fissure (the pain is very severe) and sometimes rectal tumors.
It is very important to get to know what are You dealing with and strongly advisable to rule out any life treating diseases (such as colorectal cancer).
If you suffer also from blood in stool, constipations or diarrhea, abdomen pain you should look for a reason of your symptoms.
It is advisable for you to have colonoscopy performed (especially that you are in age 74).
The medicines you have mentioned are basically for hemorrhoids treatment and should ease your symptoms if you really have hemorrhoids (even if You have visible hemorrhoids colonoscopy is advisable as diseases may coexist).
Take care and feel free to ask questions.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Aparna Kohli
Follow up: Dr. Grzegorz Stanko (4 hours later)
any side effects. it is safe to use the medication i mentioned.
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko (7 hours later)
Hello!

Yes, it is safe to use the medications you have mentioned (if you have hemorrhoids).

As Xyloproct Plus has hydrocortisone, it shouldn’t be used in infections.

Side effects of this medication are very rare and include hypersensitivity for the components resulting with rash, itching, redness etc.

Hope this will help.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E
Dr. Grzegorz Stanko

General Surgeon