Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Pain in urethra and semen leakage. What should I do?

User rating for this question
Answered by

Practicing since : 1991
Answered : 1414 Questions
Hello. Recently, my penis has started to have a small faint pain feeling in the middle of my Urethra (im assuming). This was not enough to scare me, however, about 2 days later, I noticed that I am constantly leaking semen. I leak consistently day and night, and imediatly after I pee, about 6-10 rather large drops follow, which it than returns back to its normal leaking volume. What should I do? I am pretty scared, and do not neccacarily have the resourses to get to a doctor. I'm 17.
Posted Sun, 20 Jan 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 1 hour later
Welcome to XXXXXXX and thanks for your query.
Semen leak is a common problem in your age.
Your body gets ready for the sexual act and reproduction and hence the changes.
There is nothing to be scared.
If you are interested in masturbation, you may try and it may reduce your leakage. Regular Sexual life also reduces leakage.
This not a disease and you will get over it over a period of time.
If the secretions are after exposure to STD, you need to consult. Otherwise there is nothing to worry.
Hope this helps. Kindly get back for doubts if any.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Pain in urethra and semen leakage. What should I do? 6 minutes later
Dr GS,
Thank you for the timley reply! To make a correction, I do masturbate and have for quite some years. I also am sexually active. I figured since I do both of these things, there should be no build up in semen to cause a leakage. I read online that it could be a result from over masturbation, or a result of a diet such as a high caffine intake. I do not masturbate excesivley (though prior to the pain, I did masturbate twice in 24 hours, something I never do), and I do drink a lot of coffee, though it has not had this effect before.
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 6 minutes later
Welcome back.
Try to give more time to see if things settle.
You may try reducing coffee intake and see if that makes a difference.
AS i wrote, consult is needed if you suspect STD.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Pain in urethra and semen leakage. What should I do? 14 minutes later
Okay, and in the mean time, as I wait and see if things settle, should I avoid sex and masturbation? Are there foods and drinks in addition to coffee to stay away from? Anything else I should know about this? I doubt it is an STD but of course I could be wrong. Is a urologist a doctor I should see, or should I go to my pediatrician first? Thanks.
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 2 hours later
Welcome back.
Please continue with your regular schedule of sex and masturbation.
Diet and drinks do not need to be altered.
You need to see a urologist or a venereologist if STD is suspected.
Best regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor