Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
184 Doctors are Online

Pain in upper leg. No bruise or lump found. Which specialist should I consult?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1976
Answered : 1872 Questions
hi, my 17 year old daughter has complained for about a year that her upper leg (front) hurt and tonight she showed it to me and as usual i couldnt see anything, like a bruise. I felt it, didnt feel like a lump, wasnt hot to the touch. But then i looked again and i could see a faint outline of a purplish color about the size of an orange. Worries me
Posted Wed, 30 Jan 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 15 minutes later

Thank you for your query.

I should appreciate your observation and would request you to consult an orthopedic doctor who shall examine your daughter and do the necessary work-up. It is difficult to say what may be the reason but necessary investigations like MRI may guide us to the likely cause of the swelling and pain.

I hope I have provided you the right guidance. Please feel free to revert back for any clarifications or if you would like to share more facts of the case.

Wishing your daughter all the best.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor