Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

Pain in upper epigastric area. Tested negative for H pylori. Ribs hurt and infection in lungs. Stomach feels sore. Suggest the cure?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 1583 Questions
I've been in so much pain in the upper epigastric area for 8 months. I tested negative for h pylori and my labs are not showing an infection. My ribs hurt and at the start of this I had an infection in my lungs that I did not take antibiotics for. Is it possible i have an infection in my stomach that hasn't been diagnosed? I have had an endoscopy with biopsys and am on zantac but I'm not getting better. My stomach feels sore as well as my back and ribs.
Posted Wed, 6 Nov 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Lung infections delayed complication.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for your query.

Take the past history, lab tests and endoscopy into consideration gastric cause may be rule out.

On the other hand persistent stomach infection with present with vomiting, fever and loose stool. So it may not be stomach infection.

In my opinion his may be due to complication of lung infection.

Without antibiotic the infection usually heal by scar tissue formation and thickening of the pleura(Covering of the lung. Doctors call this condition as Pleurisy.

CT scan of the thorax may help in arriving at a diagnosis.

Alagesic and chest physiotherapy may help overcome this problem.

Hope the answer helps you.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Pain in upper epigastric area. Tested negative for H pylori. Ribs hurt and infection in lungs. Stomach feels sore. Suggest the cure? 2 hours later
Thank you!!
Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 8 hours later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Wish you a speedy recovery...
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor