Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Pain in the hip, diagnosed with tendon calcification and arthrosis, blood test normal, calcium reabsorbed. De calcification methods?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 2000
Answered : 170 Questions
I have been diagnosed tendon calcification in the hip, and also a little arthrosis. This is quite painful. I have been told that some times calcium is reabsorbed. Is any way to force this decalcification?
I am 66, male, 1.80 m tall, weight 75 and used to walk a lot.
The last blood analysis was very good, except a little cholesterol.
Posted Mon, 16 Apr 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Atul Wankhede 28 hours later

Thanks for your query.

I assume the diagnosis of calcific tendinitis has all the relevant evidence of investigations and clinical findings. To cure it one needs to know your exact work conditions and exercise routines. Overuse (repetitive activity) or overload (sudden increase in activity) often accentuates tendinitis.

Whatever the cause, it usually responds to relative rest, ice fomentation, use of neoprene sleeve, anti inflammatory medicines, alteration in work or exercise habits and certain orthotics. Post traumatic calcific tendinitis can be prevented by administering Indomethacin orally. This drug is very harmful and should be taken under strict observation.

Along the aforesaid plan of treatment you may also consider appropriate flexibility and strengthening programs at a physiotherapy clinic. They also help with providing local ultrasonic therapy that speed up the recovery.

Hope I've answered your query. If you need further clarification on any topic I'm available for follow up.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor