Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Pain in testicle, have sciatica nerve pain. Need advice

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
Practicing since : 1989
Answered : 883 Questions
I am a 25 year old male, and i have had pain underneath my left and sometimes right testicle. Non consistent. I have gone to the doctor for this same issue, and I have been unofficially diagnosed with sciatica nerve pain... however this is a little different. Its a sharp pain under my left testicle, feels like a vain or right on bone... but the pain comes in waves, it isn't constant. It goes from a 5 on the pain scale to about a 8, really fast! It does not seem to be the testicle, but underneath... Not the taint area... I have been tested for stds every time i go to doctor because thats there first conclusion but have tested negative ever time, and have had same faithful girlfriend every time. It is extremely uncomfortable and at times fairly often painful in a way I dont know how to describe... I really cant afford to go to doctors like I have for same pain.. but need help... again the pain isn't directly in testicle but seems to be in pelvic region under left testicle, has also been the right, but at this moment it is the left.. please give me any insight. I really need advice.
Posted Mon, 17 Sep 2012 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Ketan Vagholkar 2 hours later
Thanks for writing in.
From your description there is high likelihood of there being a varicocele.This is a dilatation of the blood vessels connected to the testicles.
If there is no swelling coming up on coughing in the groins then there isn't a hernia which can also give rise to similar pain.
If there is no burning sensation while passing urine or any discharge or lesion on the penis then that rules out STD.
Clinical examination followed by doppler ultrasound will confirm the diagnosis of varicocele.
I hope this answers your querry.
With regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Pain in testicle, have sciatica nerve pain. Need advice 42 minutes later
I dont have insurance, and std is def ruled out, i have also gotten an ultra sound. In which nothing wad visible. That was 2yrs ago . when this pain is present it does travel down legs and the hip. When i stretch it seems to Help momentarily.,but most of general pain comes from left side seemingly under testicle. To the touch, upper left pelvic area may be swollen a little, tender only if p oí shed XXXXXXX When i lay down to sleep the pain,kind of widens.... I hope that is helpful. .. Side nite, when examined 2 yrs ago, i was given prostate meds, (trial pills) and did not tske them as they were not sure and.didnt want to damage my body further. Pain is worse with activity, i have been. Running alot lately.... Another side thought, males in my family have prostate cancer around age 50?
Answered by Dr. Ketan Vagholkar 53 minutes later
Thanks for the feedback.
If the pain is between the testicle and the anal opening then there is a likelihood of that being due to prostatic disease. At your age it is mostly due to prostatitis caused by infection. You need to undergo a few tests to confirm the diagnosis. They are urine examination and culture, per rectal examination for tenderness or bogginess and a transrectal unltrasound.
To rule out malignancy PSA levels in blood and a transrectal ultrasound will need to be done.
The treatment for an established case of chronic prostatitis is a long course of antibiotics.(floxacins plus doxycycline)This should be accomapnied by decongestion of the gland by having more sex to have more ejaculations to reduce the congestion.
I hope this answers your querry.
With regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a General Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor