Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Pain in testicle ball. What could be the reason?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 9398 Questions
unsure about what you should doI have a not in my nut sack next to my balls and it's extremely painful and I also have extremely painful ripping like pane coming from my behind what is going on and do I need to see a doctor asap
Posted Sun, 5 May 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 26 minutes later
Hello and welcome to XXXXXXX

Thank you for writing to us.

The appearance of a knot like substance, which would resemble a lump; whether hard or soft, movable or immobile; painful or painless all indicate the possibility of the following conditions:
-Hydrocele: collection of clear fluid/seminal fluid in the XXXXXXX membranes of the testicle
-Spermatocele: is a retention cyst of a tubule of the rete testis or the head of the epididymis distended with barely watery fluid that contains spermatozoa
-Varicocele: is an abnormal enlargement of the pampiniform venous plexus in the scrotum
-Cyst:is a closed sac, having a distinct membrane and division compared to the nearby tissue. It may contain air, fluids, pus, or semi-solid material
-Testicular cancer: rare; develops in the testicles

All of these conditions will at first, require a physical examination by a doctor, and then followed up by laboratory investigations. Thus, I request you to please not panic, as this could be one of the minor above listed conditions, and can easily be treated and completely resolved.

Do not worry, and visit a doctor at the earliest, who will examine, diagnose and treat you of your condition. I hope this information helps, do write back to me for any further clarifications. I would be more than happy to help you.

Wishing you lots of luck and a speedy recovery.

Dr. Khan
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor