Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

Pain in right hip. What is the cure?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 1995
Answered : 394 Questions
I have a pain in my right hip
Posted Sat, 15 Jun 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Mukesh Tiwari 2 hours later

I have read your question.

You reported that you are having hip pain. There can be various reasons for hip pain. Please answer the following questions so that I can help you better-

-Since when are you suffering from the hip pain?

-Is this pain throbbing in nature or some other type?

-Does it increase with walking, going up stairs or with rest?

- Does it reduce with rest ?

- Do you have fever & weight loss?

- Did you sustain an injury to your leg any time earlier?

- May I know your current height and weight?

-Are you taking any medicines?

Awaiting your reply...
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Pain in right hip. What is the cure? 17 hours later
Thank you for your reply and I shall answer your questions.
1.Pain started two days ago
2. other type of pain
3.increases with walking and going up stairs
4.reduces with rest weight loss or fever injury
7.Height 5' 4 inches weight 140 lbs
8. medication for blood pressure. Natrilix 1.5mg, one at night; Atacand 32mg, half at night, Tenormin 50mg, half each morning

Thank you.
Answered by Dr. Mukesh Tiwari 11 hours later

Thank you for replying.

It looks from your details that your pain at hip is aggravates with walking specially walking upstairs,it relives with rest,you are mildly overweight,there is no injury & you are taking treatment for high blood pressure.

Looking at these details & your age, you can most probably have arthritis of hip, this can be a early stage. By bearing weight on affected hip, you expose mildly damaged cartilage to pressure & this leads to pain.You should do following to have relief in this-

1.Try to decrease your weight more.You should be near 60 kg.

2.Take a stick in your opposite hand.This will help to distribute weight to your legs as well as your upper limb,in this way decreases pressure over affected hip.

3.Take a mild analgesic like avil or aleeve for relief.

4.Start taking supplements for your joint like glucosamine with chondroitin sulfate.

5.Start doing exercises for hip. I have provided a link below which will guide you in this regard.

Hope this all will help you .

With best wishes.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor