question-icon

Pain in lower right side back

Posted on Wed, 23 Jan 2019
Question: Pain in lower right side back
Answered by Dr. Olgeta Xhufka (2 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Right lower back pain causes.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear, welcome to Ask a doctor service.
I read your query and here is my advice.

The main causes of pain in the lower right back may be kidney stones with or without urinary tract infection or muscle pain.

You should do a urine analysis to get checked for urinary tract infection and kidney stones. Also, an ultrasound may be necessary.

In this case drinking, lots of water is advisable. Also, you can use antispasmodic medications for pain and help the mussels relax and pass the stone out.

Another possibility is mussels pain ( pulled muscle) caused by a sudden unintended movement. In this case, rest and anti-inflammatory drugs such as Advil are needed.
Physiotherapy may help you.

Hope I have answered the question.
Let me know if I can assist you further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Dr. Olgeta Xhufka