question-icon

Pain in leg and hip....I do not have diabetes .

Posted on Wed, 27 Feb 2019
Question: Pain in leg and hip....I do not have diabetes. It only occurs 3 or 4 times aweek. It is so sever ivy wakes me up at night
Answered by Dr. Prasad (2 hours later)
Brief Answer:
need to visit doctor and run tests

Detailed Answer:

I understand your problem. How long are you dealing with it? Does it involve both limbs or isolated to one side?

What you been dealing is not uncommon at this age in women. The pain is usually related to nutrient deficiency and age related changes (arthritic). Sometimes hormone changes may also be a cause.

I will suggest to visit your local physician. He/she can run some blood tests to check blood counts, nutritional status and hormone assays (esp thyroid functions). Besides these, your doctor will also check peripheral pulse and X-rays of the affected areas. Specific treatment will be based on test results.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications.

Dr. Prasad