Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
190 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Pain in hand and shoulder. Soreness, muscle fatigue in forearm, elbow and wrist. Is it WMSD?

Answered by
Dr. Krishna Kumar

Spine Surgeon

Practicing since :2002

Answered : 102 Questions

Posted on Thu, 4 Jul 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: Hi doc,
i am 32 year female suffering from acute pain in my right hand and shoulder from last few days. i am a computer engineer and my whole day work evolves around sitting in a chair with a computer and a mouse. Due to prolonged mouse operation with my right hand my arm is giving me a very painful ache.i read online about WMSDs, or Workplace Musculosketetal Disorders and i seem to exhibit the similar symptoms.i have aching, soreness, muscle fatigue in forearm, elbow shoulders and wrist only on my right working hand. i am trying to change the positions of the mouse, sit upright but this pain is bad. Can u prescribe me with some anti inflammatory drug to reduce the pain and maybe a muscle relaxant. i really need to continue working and have no time to take a break.
Thanking you in advance

Answered by Dr. Krishna Kumar 22 minutes later

Thank you for sharing your problem with me here at XXXXXXX

Your pain is similar to the repetitive stress disorder affecting computer professionals. So you could try a silicon gel pad under your palm while using mouse.

Pain medications such as diclofenac sodium along with ranitidine are commonly used for these conditions. However these are prescription only medications which can be brought from your nearby pharmacy using your physician's prescription. It is not ethical and legal to prescribe the drugs without physical examination, therefore it is worthwhile to see your doctor to obtain this prescription.

Rarely this pain could also be due to prolapsed disc in the neck region. Should your pain worsens even after medicine intake, it would be advisable to XXXXXXX an orthopaedic surgeon

Let me know if you need clarifications.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,  
Drug/Medication ,   ,  

Recent questions on  Analgesic

doctor1 MD

I just was informed by my pain specialist M.D. that my last urinalysis showed vicodin & pcp in my urine however, NO ms contin or oxycodone which I...

doctor1 MD

My 3 year old son has had a fever all day and history of diarhea/vomting in past 24hrs. He had a warm bath and began shaking hard afterwards and...

doctor1 MD

hi my 15 month old daughter has started waking in the night upset and when i go into see her she is so hot to touch. she only sleeps in light...

doctor1 MD

Hello, for the last week and a half everytime I eat within 10 minutes I start cramping horriably then within 10 to 20 minutes after the cramps...

doctor1 MD

I am trying to find a pain management doctor for my daughter. The standard procedure in this area seems to be" 1. Give the patient enough pain...

doctor1 MD

my 7 year old has mild headaches at night, mild upset stomach and loss of appetite at night. she is fine during the day, but seems tired and mild...

doctor1 MD

what kind of pain medication would I take for rectal pain?