Pain in gum. X-ray normal. Used fluoride treatment. Swallowed some fluoride. Will this cause any harm?
Thanks for choosing health care magic forum.
Professionally applied topical fluoride preparations usually contain 2 percent sodium fluoride, 8 percent stannous fluoride or 1.23 percent acidulated phosphate fluoride. Where as the drinking water has a fluoride content of 14 ppm until the water supply was changed to a fluoride free source. It had a higher concentration level of fluoride than that of topical fluoride applied!!
Since you ingested a very low fluoride concentration level, there is no need to be panic. The ingested contents will do no harm to you. And there is no chance of fluoride toxicity in your case.
Fluoride application in an interval of five months is absolutely safe and this procedure is performed in children of 3 years old too.
This is performed to reduce dentin sensitivity and progression of dental caries.
In addition I also recommend you to use soft-bristled toothbrush and brush your teeth always in up-down and back-forth motion to avoid chronic cervical abrasion of teeth which can make your teeth sensitive. Use desensitizing toothpaste to brush your teeth.
Hope this suffices. Feel free to ask further query.
DR XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Fluoride poisoning causes
- Breathlessness head getting numb normal x ray treatment
- Ulcers from fluoride treatment
- Treatment and cure for Fluoride poisoning
- Treatment and cure for Fluoride deficiency
- Does fluoride cause alopecia
- Chronic cough antibiotics provide no relief x-ray normal treatment
- Fluoride deficiency causes
- Knee and heel pain x ray confirms early osteoarthritis treatment
- Knee pain x-ray showed patellofemoral syndrome treatment
- Suffering from canker sore. Will it be cured by avoiding sodium lauryl...
- Have autoimmune hepatitis and getting pain in teeth. Are they related?
- Have bad breath and bleeding gums while brushing teeth. Required treatment?
- Have cavity in molar teeth. When should I go for tooth filling?
- Have pimple like lump on hard palate. Blood came out after popping....
- Treatment for bleeding gums while brushing teeth and bad breath?
- Persistent pain around TMJ with popping sound in it. Have chronic...
- Took medicine for throat pain. Tested negative for HIV. Have white...
- Have red and sore gums. Noticed dark patches on other part of gums. What...
- Tooh extracted and wearing essix retainer. Will this affect future bone...