Owl Image

Pain in groin area. Report said mild fullness of upper hydroureter. Meaning?

Owl Image
Dr. Rajiv goel

Urologist

Question
Actually i have pain in goroin region from last 1 year. the pain was not seveerein usg there was not any calcareous formation, but now from doctorros advised i again done usg . from radiologist report he predicted that there is mild fullness of upper one third hydroureter is suggestive of obstructive uropaty, what it actually mean , and i want to know the treatment of it
Tue, 8 Jan 2013 in Kidney Conditions

Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 11 minutes later
Dear Sir,
Thanks for sharing your concern with us.

The mild fullness of the upper one third ureter is suggestive of partial block somewhere in the ureter. The most common cause of it at your age is going to be stone in the ureter.

You should get yourself further investigated with NCCT KUB (Non contrast enhanced Ct scan of the kidney-ureter-bladder reion) and see a urologist. Most of the patients with ureteric stones can be managed with medications. Post NCCT KUB you should start yourself on medications under the guidance of urologist. The treatment shall include alpha blockers and calcium channel blockers besides analgesics,
Let me know if you have any other questions.
Sincerely

Rajiv Goel

Follow-up: Pain in groin area. Report said mild fullness of upper hydroureter. Meaning? 23 hours later
Doctor had given me cystone table , himalya drug and stone syrup ,in how many days it get recover the 4.5mm of stone to dilute

Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 3 hours later
Dear Sir,

Thanks for the follow up.

The above mentioned drugs are good. It is very difficult to predict whether the stone will dissolve or not. And if yes, in how many days. So you need to also start yourself on the medications that I have suggested, under the guidance of a urologist.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can help you further.

Sincerely

Rajiv Goel

Follow-up: Pain in groin area. Report said mild fullness of upper hydroureter. Meaning? 16 hours later
Dear sir, Thanks for your advice, apart from that whether you want to suggest any medicines, please tell me

Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 3 minutes later
Dear sir,

I have already mentioned the necessary drugs in my first communication.

Thanks

Sincerely

Rajiv Goel