Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
126 Doctors are Online

Pain in cervix, cervical growth, white discharge. had hysterectomy for endometriosis. family history of uterine cancer, fibromyalgia. Treatment ?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 12744 Questions
i had a hysterectomy 2 years ago after 2 years of endometriosis. i still have my ovaries and my cervix. i have been getting an extremely painful stabbing feeling that happens in my cervix and my belly button at the same time. i examined my cervix and it is opened at the end~ feels almost quartered~ and it feels as though there is something growing out of it. i do not bleed but upon my 'inspection' i did have a heavy white liquid different from a normal discharge. nothing happened when i scraped the growth and there is no pain. i do have fibromyalgia and a long family history of cancer. i just lost my mother 2 years ago at age 57 to uterine cancer. i know the best way to find out whats wrong is to go to the doctor. i am, however, scared for the first time about my health and am nervous to go. i am in a monogamous relationship and have had no sexually transmitted diseases. my last gyno visit was 8 months ago and all was good.
Posted Fri, 4 May 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 4 hours later

Thanks for posting your query.

I have read your problem with concern and can understand your apprehension in seeing a doctor.

A small growth seen on the cervix with a history of all normal examination eight months ago might just be the 'normal' anterior lip of cervix with a heavy discharge due to fungal infection. Sometimes to an untrained eye, the anterior lip of cervix looks like a swelling.

For an actual diagnosis, a direct clinical examination is a must. This is one of those problems in which there is no substitute for direct examination.

I encourage you to visit your gynecologist to undergo physical check up and also to undergo relevant investigations required in your case.

Hope this answer is acceptable to you. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.

Wishing you good health.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor