Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
123 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Pain during urination. Bladder infection or something else?

Jul 2016
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1971
Answered : 9675 Questions
Dear doctor,
I have a problem with my bladder. I go to the toilet often and i have a pain. Here are my urin results. Is this just a bladder infection or something else? Thank you
Thu, 4 Apr 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 18 minutes later

Thanks for your query.

Based on the facts and report of your routine Urine Examination that you have posted, it appears that you have acquired Cystitis).

1) Please get your urine culture done to trace out the organisms causing this infection and the antibiotics to which they are sensitive to.
2) Ultrasound Scanning to rule out possibility of Urinary Stones.

Consult a qualified Urologist with reports for further treatment. You may need a course of antibiotic.

In the meantime, ensure to consume more water to keep your urine dilute.

Hope I have answered your query. Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions I shall be happy to help you.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Pain during urination. Bladder infection or something else? 33 hours later
Dear doctor,
Here are the results of urine culture. Can you please tell me is it nessesary to take antibiotics and whitch one? I am allergic to penicilin.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 8 minutes later

Thanks for writing again.
Your culture report shows organisms sensitive to Nitrofurantoin.

You can have that medicine after consulting your family physician. It is cheapest antibiotic available today.Your problem will get resolved in 2 weeks. The dosage of the medicine has to be decided only after a physical examination.

Thanks and Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor