Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

Pain due to fibromyalgia. Having little relief due to medication. MRI of back showing early arthritis. Suggest the cure?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 1544 Questions
Why cant I find a doctor to prescribe a narcotic for pain relief for my fibromyalgia? I have tried physical therapy and meds such as Lyrica and have gotten minimal relief. I am tired of being in pain. I want my life back. I have had an MRI taken of my back [most of my pain is in my lower back, shoulders and legs] about 3 years ago, which showed the formation of early arthritis BTW: The pain due to my fibromyalgia, eventually forced me to give up my practice as a Pediatric Dentist. After all the years of work to finally reach the level of a private practice, I was forced to stop even before I had paid off all the school loans. I never got to experience the financial rewards of years of school and 100's of hours studying!
Posted Fri, 25 Oct 2013 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 6 hours later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for posting your query on XXXXXXX

I am sorry to know about your condition. From your query, it seems that you need a physician who can prescribe pain medicines. I am writing down contact information of a physician in your area who routinely prescribes pain medicine. Check with him if he can help you.

XXXXXXX Zloczover MD
1325 S Congress Ave Suite 101
Boynton Beach, FL 0000
(561) 737-5301 (Office)

Let me know if I can assist you further

Dr Vaishalee
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor