Pain below ribs. Taken codeine, panadol, tramadol. Blood and urine test normal. Muscle related problem?
Thanks for writing in.
As you have said there is this pain along your left side of back, centered around level of T 12 vertebra. This pain has been around for 2 years and increases with turning in bed. You have been on anti inflammatory drugs, codeine and panadol, and now on tramadol which bring you temporary relief.
Turning in bed causing increase in pain makes me think of compression fracture involving any vertebral bone, T 12 or any other adjacent levels. This could occur due to a fall or due to weakness in bones (osteoporosis). At age 53 osteoporosis can occur on women.
If your X XXXXXXX spine is completely normal, I would start thinking in terms of other reasons (other than muscle pain) in assessing you clinically. There are many organs in the abdomen which could cause such a pain. It would be essential to put you through an ultrasound scan of abdomen following your normal X rays of dorso lumbar spine. Conditions like renal stones or ureteric stones need to be specifically excluded.
Hope your query is answered. I wish to get an update from you regarding your X XXXXXXX findings, to give you a better insight and answer further queries that you might have.
Wishing you good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Pain under left rib blood urine
- Chronic rib pain alcoholic hepatitis taking codeine paracetamol treatment
- Pain below ribs while urinating
- Rib pain when urinate
- Blood in urine and right rib pain
- Tramadol and codeine together
- Rib pain blood in urine
- Codeine and tramadol
- Panadol and smelly urine
- Is tramadol stronger than codeine
- Had cataract surgery. Have severe dizziness and nausea. Vision good....
- Having diarrhea, nausea, shivering and dizziness. What could be done?
- Having pain in tongue after biting on it. Gargling caused ear and tooth...
- Does X-ray report of chest confirms of having calcification?
- Stood quickly and looked down. Feeling dizzy. Feeling unsteady and...
- Had MRI of spine. What are the findings?
- Having ache in hip, thigh, abdomen and going down to leg. Burping...
- Taking divalproex sodium for manic bipolar disorder. Is it safe to eat...
- Suffer sensitivity teeth. X-ray showed periapical cyst, removed. Have...
- Suffered evulsion fx of L ishial tuberosity. Having pain in buttocks and...