Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
147 Doctors are Online

Pain below and behind right ear, under right eye, right foot. Reason?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 12744 Questions
Below and behind my right ear it really hurts right now, and I also have pain under my right eye, and my right foot hurts. Any ideas what's wrong?
Posted Wed, 18 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 31 minutes later

Thanks for writing to us.

The pain below and behind your right ear with a referred pain under your right eye might be due to -

1) Neck muscle spasm- due to overuse or injury. Needs muscle relaxants like thiocolchicoside along with pain killers for relief under guidance of an orthopaedician.

2)Middle ear infection- ASOM- needs an examination by ENT surgeon for diagnosis. Only broad spectrum antibiotics along with antiinflammatory drugs will help.

3) Dental pain- usually due to an impacted wisdom teeth. An X-ray of any un-erupted wisdom tooth will help in the diagnosis.

4)Swollen lymph nodes- may be due an ear or throat infection. Needs a thorough examination by an ENT surgeon for diagnosis.

The pain in the right foot does not seem to be related to your pain in the face.

Limb pains are commonly related to any injury or overuse sprain.

I suggest you to get an appointment from your ENT surgeon as soon as possible to know the cause of the pain. Earlier the diagnosis, better will be the treatment.

Till then you can have a mild pain killer like ibuprofen for pain relief.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor