Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Pain and weird feeling on chest after drinking any liquid. Found nodules with enlarged blood vessels

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 561 Questions
for a few days now, when i drink any liquid, i get a weird feeling on right side of chest, like a dull pain. kind of like theres a hole and the liquid is going through, if that makes sense. also just received results from ultrasound of thyroid; showed nodules with enlarged blood vessels all lab work including TSH level normal.
Posted Thu, 4 Apr 2013 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 20 minutes later
Hi, welcome and thanks for writing in.
There is no such condition like hole in esophagus. It is just your feeling. Patient having esophageal perforation land up with mediastinitis and immediate ICU admission. So you are absolutely fine in this manner.
I will advise please consult board certified surgeon for clinical examination and one investigation Barium swallow. It is the investigation if choice for any esophageal dismotility problems. It is simple and non expensive. It will diagnose any pathology in esophagus.
USG finding if thyroid are incidental only. No need to worry about that.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have further concern, please let me know.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Pulmonologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor