Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Pain and tightness in testicles. Recurrent prostrate infections. Biopsy showed inflammation. Will it become cancer?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 1992
Answered : 47 Questions
Im curious ive had prostate problems off and on for over three years after and initial infection. Had a psa of 3.9 last year and biopsy which showed a bubble and inflammation but no cancer. Symptoms went away after biopsy and antibbiotic use but came back I also realized ive been having tightness and pain in my quads for the last 2 years as well as back problems. Im worried that this might be metastasised prostate cancer and what would a bubble in my prostate be??? Im very scared ass im only 40!
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Chandan Choudhary 12 hours later

Thanks for the query.

I understand your health concern.

Don't worry at all.

Prostate cancer is very rare at your age unless there is a family history.

Your symptoms suggest that you may be suffering from Prostatitis which takes a longer time to resolve.

You said the biopsy showed bubble and inflammation but no cancer, that is good to hear. To me, a bubble on the biopsy report does not seem to be a major concern, it most probably may have been an air bubble seen which is so insignificant in the diagnosis. Hence, do not worry about the bubble on biopsy.

You can have various symptoms like fever, general pain and, more specifically, pain in the lower back, thighs and genital region, the testicles, penis, and the area between the scrotum and anus.

You may go in for a repeat PSA ( Prostatic Specific Anthigen ) testing along with a repeat biopsy after 6 months or so. Metastatic prostatic Cancer by itself is a very rare possibility in your case.

Your PSA level is normal.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer any further queries.

Wishing you good health.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a General Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor