Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

Pain and swelling in testicle, lump developed. Is it filarial attack? Or just a clotting? Can it be cancer?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1995
Answered : 4036 Questions
Hello sir, i got some pain and swelling on the right testis 2 months ago . Then after 3-4 days the swelling decreased and left a small ball like substance on the veins which are attached to my richt testis. It sometimes make me feel uneasy. Sometimes it fell like paining. I am very tensed. I went to a homaeopathic doctor. He told it was filarial attack . I took medicines for 7 days. No use. Then again visited. Again took medicines but no use. Then i consulted another homoeopathic doctor. He told that its not filaria and also not a tumour. Just some clotting . He gave medicines but no use. I am not sure what is it. It is a hard substance something attached to the right testis. I feel that it is present inside tube like vein attached to the right testis.its a small ball like substance. I am afraid whether its a testical cancer. Plz suggest what to do. Plz reply to me at : YYYY@YYYY
Posted Sat, 26 May 2012 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 52 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query.

Please do not worry; you are not having any serious problem.

What you might had is orchitis that infection and inflammation of testis. At times after this kind of infection the tube that is known as Vas deference which carries sperms from testis to urine tube gets thickened.

The best thing to remove your fear is please get your self examined by a general surgeon and get ultrasound of testis done.

After examination your doctor will suggest some urine or blood test if he thinks you need it.

I hope this helps.

Please write again if you have something more to ask.

In case you do not have further query, please accept the answer.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Pain and swelling in testicle, lump developed. Is it filarial attack? Or just a clotting? Can it be cancer? 1 hour later
I am actually afraid because when i touch my right side of the testis i could find a small pea type substance on the right side of the testis. It is hard and sometime i could feel some pain. And sometimes i find the veins of the tight side of the tesis get thickened. That pea like substance is always there since 2 months. I am afraid whether its testical cancer or has any fearful effect of this. I am in great dilemma. I am afraid. Sir plz suggest me
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 2 hours later

Good to hear from you again.

I think you are too much concerned and worried. As advised earlier visit to a doctor and ultrasound will clarify your all doubts.

The things that you have and problem that you have are not suggesting of cancer any way directly. I do not see such a possibility also.

Please stop worrying and visit a doctor. Please visit a qualified surgeon or urologist in your area. Do not visit so called doctors or sexologist who can threaten your further.

Do not worry you are not having any serious problem from the things that you have mentioned.

I hope this helps in alleviating your anxiety.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Pain and swelling in testicle, lump developed. Is it filarial attack? Or just a clotting? Can it be cancer? 1 hour later
Thank u sir. I could not even do exercises since 2 months as it make me feel troubled at my right side of testis. Testis is itself very sensitive and above it a pea shaped substance made more problem. Ok sir i will get the ultrasound done. It is easily touched and felt like a small pea shaped ball. Will the ultrasound make it clear whether its something XXXXXXX Why does this happens sir. Suddenly it happened one day 2 months ago. Very problematic situation sir. Sir sometimes i feel pain on the whole right side of the scrotum.
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 7 minutes later

Yes, ultrasound can give good insight in to the cause and can also help in clinching the diagnosis and answer all your questions.

Even physical examination by a surgeon will clear most of the thing. Do not worry too much. Just relax and consult a surgeon.

In mean time if you are having pain,

Please avoid tight fitting clothes
Avoid jerky movement
Avoid doing exercise which causes pain
Take some analgesic like paracetamol for pain relief.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a General Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor