Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Pain and swelling in labia majora

May 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 4909 Questions
severe pain and swelling in labia majora
Posted Sun, 9 Sep 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 1 hour later
Thanks for the query.

the possible causes of your symptoms are,
-infection leading to edema and cellulitis which will present with swollen, red and tender labia,
this can happen because of skin getting infected because of scratches etc,

-sensitive reaction can occur because of contact dermatitis to soaps, deodorants, contraceptive creams etc,

-formation of hematoma due to any injury,

as you are having severe pain better to contact gynecologist as early as possible to find out the possible cause and treatment can be taken accordingly,
mean while you can try methods like keeping ice packs on swelling, taking analgesic tablets etc to get some relief.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.
Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor