Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Pain and heaviness in the testis. Ultrasound and urine test normal. Testicular cancer or Hernia?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1995
Answered : 4036 Questions
I have pain in my Left testis mostly, It feels heavy. I have consulted 2 doctors now but no help till now. My urine test was clear, ultrasound on scrotum also not show anything wrong. the pain mainly comes when the scrotum expands to its extent. When the scrotum is in shrink state, i dont feel pain. Please help im afraid its not testicular cancer or Hernia?
Posted Sun, 22 Apr 2012 in Penis Problems
Follow-up: Pain and heaviness in the testis. Ultrasound and urine test normal. Testicular cancer or Hernia? 22 minutes later
My last doctor gave me Doxycycline and Bidanzen Forte medicines. Sometimes When ifeel warm and my scrotum is relaxed and in expanded state i feel that there is something heavy in my scrotum and it pains.
Its also very difficult to speak at that time. When i speak some veins or may be epididymis stretches, same thing happens when i cough at that time.
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 1 hour later

Thanks for posting your query.

I can understand your situation and discomfort you are in.

The best thing for you is to visit an urologist. He will after proper examination will be able to help you.

I do not see any chances of malignancy as ultrasound is normal. Hernia is visible to naked eye on examination, so easily can be diagnosed.

There could be many reasons for pain that you have, the most common possible are,

Infection in epididymis
Some minor repeated trauma
Infection any where in the tract from testis, which carries semen from testis to urine tube.
Varicocele- dilatation of veins inside the scrotum around testis.

Your guess and prediction is right, it has something do with stretching of epididymis that its pain when the scrotum is hanging and you are comfortable when it shrinks.

The treatment given to you is right, please complete the course and there are chances it can cure your problem in case the problem is related to infection.

Please consult urologist as advised.

In mean time,

Avoid wearing tight clothes
Make sure to avoid pressure on the part.
Wear good supported underwear.
Take treatment of cold, cough if you have to avoid pain.
You can take analgesic like paracetamol for pain as per need.

I hope this answers your query, I will be glad to reply any follow up queries that you have.

In case you do not have more to ask, please accept the answer.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Pain and heaviness in the testis. Ultrasound and urine test normal. Testicular cancer or Hernia? 1 hour later
Thanks Mr. Pragnesh!

-Is there anything related to Bike ride. May be it has given any trauma to my testis.
-Is there a chance of testicular cancer? I have heard that in testicular cancer there is no pain.
-I have already seen 2 doctors now, the first one was general physician and second one was a urologist. I don't know what to do now.
- Please tell me some other medicine other antibiotic than Doxycycline that i can take. Give me some prescription.

Thanks for your help, XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 1 hour later

Good to hear from again.

As written earlier I do not think there is any possibility of testicular cancer with these complaints. Only having pain is not suggestive of this.

Any form of repeated trauma, may be riding bike for long distance at times with tight clothes can lead to this kind of problem.

Please talk to your urologist again and discuss with him about the options that you have.

It is not possible to prescribe any antibiotic without physical examination. You should try measures advised earlier.

Please do not worry, you will be fine. Please remain in touch with your urologist.



Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor