• question-icon

Pain and heaviness in testicle, occasional dizziness, no pain during urination and no discharge.

Posted on Wed, 13 Jun 2012 in Testicle Problems
Question: About a week ago I started experience pain and heaviness in my left testicle. About the same time I started getting occasional dizziness... The pain is gettign more regular and the feeling of dizziness is getting worse... I have no other sympotoms, no pain urinating, no discharge, etc...
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 1 hour later

There are a few possibilities that may be causing pain and heaviness in the testis.

Certain problems like a Testicular mass, Hydrocele, Orchitis and Hernia need to be ruled out first as these are the most common diagnosis seen.

You first need to be examined by a Urologist, so as to rule out any lumps, fluid accumulation or herniation. The pain may be associated with the dizziness. After the examination, an ultrasound of both testis needs to be required. That will give you a better idea of what the problem might be.

You can even examine yourself to see if you can feel any mass. Meanwhile, using a scrotal support will help reduce the pain and heaviness.

Hope, I have answered your query. I will be available for follow up queries if any.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Jyoti Patil
Follow up: Dr. Rhea Chanda 30 hours later
I dizziness has turned more into a headache and almost flu-like feelings... I examined myself and the left testicle definitely feels a little swollen and softer, like there is fluid around it... I don't feel any mass or lumps/bumps...
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 11 minutes later
Hi again,

Thank you for writing back.

If there is a soft feeling,then fluid accumulation is more likely. Another possibility would be orchitis/torsion of the testis.

Treatment would depend on the cause and can be ascertained after a physical. So I suggest you to pay a visit to your primary care physician or Urologist for the same.

Your headache and dizziness could be related to the testis problem. Flu could very well be a cause. Also you should get your blood pressure and blood sugar levels checked.

Wishing you speedy recovery.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. Rhea Chanda

OBGYN