Pain after pyeloplasty surgery. Had kidney stones and stent removed. Growth or scar tissue or nerve damage?
Thanks for the query.
All these symptoms you are experiencing are probably related to the pyeloplasty surgery.
It is probably a consequence of nerve damage as well muscle weakness secondary to the surgery.
No test shall pick up this abnormality and nothing much can be offered to you as effective treatment.
However you could try pain killers like Tab.Tylenol twice a day. Applying cold or warm compresses directly to a painful area often helps.
Pain due to nerve damage can be treated by disrupting a nerve pathway that transmits pain signals. The pathway is disrupted by injecting a caustic substance (such as phenol) into a nerve to destroy it, by freezing the nerve (in cryotherapy), or by burning the nerve with a radiofrequency probe.
Ultrasonography that provides XXXXXXX heat (diathermy) may relieve the pain of osteoarthritis and muscle strain. Some people benefit from transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (TENS). A gentle electric current is applied through electrodes placed on the skin's surface.
Biofeedback and other cognitive techniques (such as relaxation training, hypnosis, and distraction techniques) can help people control, reduce, or cope with pain by changing the way they focus their attention.
Physical therapy or chiropractic therapy also can treat chronic pain.
Hope i have answered your query.I will be available for follow up.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Remove kidney stones stent dizzy
- Kidney stone stent removal procedure
- Residual pain after kidney stone
- Abdomen pains after kidney stone
- Lingering back pain after kidney stone surgery
- Pain after stent removal for kidney stones
- Pain after passing kidney stone
- Urethra pain after kidney stone
- Slight pain after removal of kidney stones
- Postoperative pain after kidney stone removal
- Burst appendix, antibiotics, nausea, upset stomach, cramps, blood in urine
- Tight foreskin
- How to treat pain and bend in the penis ?
- Hypertension, kidney scars, creatinine level, kidney transplant
- What is the reason for lump above my left testicle?
- Can a blocked testis tube be reopened surgically or otherwise ?
- Open pyeloplasty, ureter reconstructed, throbbing pain in the operated...
- Blood in urine, frequent full bladder, lower abdominal fullness,...
- Why can I not sustain erection while having sex?
- What is the reason for redness of eyes when i masturbate?